If you own a Maytag Bravos washing machine, you probably have searched for the reset button to press when things are not running okay. But oh no! There is no reset button, and now you wonder how to reset Maytag Bravos washer.
A basic reset of the Maytag washer involves unplugging it and waiting for 3-5 minutes before re-plugging and powering it on. Meanwhile, a more procedural reset involves pressing power /cancel, choosing the cycle to run, and pressing start/pause.
However, we still have other techniques, such as the recalibration and 12 o’clock turn, which are effective, though slightly elaborate.
And if none of them works on you, or you want to restore your Maytag washer to factory reset, you can do the full reset, which is similar to a basic reset, only that you wait for up to 30 minutes.
Some Maytag washer users also take different approaches to reset other washer elements such as the motor, lid lock, control board, and even error codes.
I’ll also share with you some of these hacks. But before I do, let me highlight issues you can address by resetting your Maytag washing machine.
Issues to Fix by Resetting Your Maytag Bravos Washer
Perhaps you are only aware of one or two issues that you can fix by resetting your Maytag washer. Or maybe you’ve doubts about a specific Maytag challenge.
If so, here’s a list of some issues you can fix by only resetting your Maytag Bravos:
- Error Code – By resetting your Maytag washer, you can clear error codes and set up your machine to work fine.
- No Agitation – If your Maytag washer only spins but won’t agitate for whatever reason, you can try restarting the washer before trying any other fix.
- Stuck Lid Lock – If the lid lock doesn’t open, a reset can help unstuck it, though it’s never guaranteed.
- Washer Won’t Start – Try resetting your washer if it powers on but won’t start.
- Endless Spinning – Sometimes, the washer may spin without stopping, messing up your laundry. If so, try resetting it and see what happens.
- Strange Noise – Are you hearing an unfamiliar sound coming from the washer that sounds like trouble? First, stop the machine and look into the drum for coins, jewelry, and other loose objects. Once you take them out, reset the washer.
- Continuous Vibration – Sometimes, the washer may only vibrate because of a major fault such as a faulty belt or lid switch; while resetting the washer doesn’t fix the components, it’s recommendable after you fix them to get the washer up and running fast.
- Washer Won’t Move to The Next Cycle – If you have a stuck washer, one that won’t move to the next cycle, you can jump-start it by resetting it.
- Lid Switch Failure – You can also try resetting your washer if the lid switch is becoming non-responsive.
- Power Interruption – Don’t forget to restart your washer after an electric interruption when the washing is underway.
- Control Board Replacement – Lastly, remember to reset your Maytag washer after replacing/repairing the control board to ensure your factory reset its settings.
How To Reset Maytag Bravos Washer In Simple Steps
Whether you have a Maytag Bravos X, XL, or MCT, these four techniques can help you reset it quickly and fix whatever you want to fix:
1. Basic Reset
The basic reset is just as basic as it sounds, and it’ll only address basic issues such as a washer not starting or won’t move to the next cycle.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Switch off the power from the wall socket and unplug your Maytag Bravos
- Wait for about 3-5 minutes before re-plugging the washer
- Power the washer back on and see if it’s working fine
If your Maytag washer doesn’t work after the basic reset, you should try resetting it using the following technique (procedural reset).
2. Procedural Reset
Most experts recommend resetting Maytag washers using this method, which is effective against most issues. Here’s how to go about it:
- While your washer is powered on, press power/cancel
- That allows you to select the wash cycle you want
- Then press start/pause to activate the reset quickly
Your washer should restart after this quick reset, but you can try these other hacks below if it doesn’t.
3. Calibration Technique
This is another very effective Maytag reset technique that you can use to solve so many issues. As the name suggests, it’s all about recalibrating the washer, but it’s more procedural than the previous method.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Drain your washer’s drum (get rid of water and laundry)
- Close the washer lid properly
- Put your Maytag washer in standby mode (by plugging it into the power but not turning on any LED)
- Find the cycle-selector knob on your Maytag washer and rotate it clockwise one click
- Now rotate the knob anticlockwise three clicks
- Rotate clockwise one more time and then anticlockwise another time
- Pay attention to the blinking lights, and if they don’t blink. Continue clicking until they do
- Stop clicking when the Rinse-Only lights come on and hit start on the washer to complete the reset
You can then move back and wait for your Maytag Bravos to restart quickly, hopefully without the previous problem.
4. 12 O’clock Turn
Lastly, you can try this option if the calibration technique looks too procedural for you. Here’s what to do:
- Power your washer on and then dial the cycle selector knob till it takes the 12 o’clock position
- Turn it clockwise thrice and then anticlockwise once
- Turn the dial clockwise again once to activate the lights
- Once the light flashes, turn the cycle selector four times clockwise and wait for the rinse light to flash
- Once it does, hit start on the washer
How To Reset Maytag Bravos Xl Washer To Factory Settings
While all the above techniques may work in most cases, sometimes they may not, especially when dealing with a Maytag Bravos XL.
If that’s the case, then you should try a full reset. Here’s how to go about it:
- Power off your Maytag Bravos washer and unplug it from the power
- Wait for about 30 minutes or longer before plugging it back
- Now switch it on to see if it’s running okay. If this doesn’t work, it might be the right time to call in an expert.
Other Maytag Bravos Reset Hacks Worth Knowing
How To Reset Lid Lock On Maytag Bravos Washer
A failed lid lock is often too stubborn to standard reset techniques. So, you may have to resort to a more detailed approach, and here’s one to try out:
- Deactivate your machine’s lock control by touching the ‘cycle signal’ on the control panel. You’ll notice the lock icon go away when you do
- Press the start/push switch to briefly halt the cycle and allow the pause light to come on
- Lift your washer’s lid (in the case of a top loader) or pull the door open (in the case of a front loader) to get the clothes out
- Shut the door securely and press the start/pause switch to restart the cycle
- Press and hold the cycle signal button to reactivate the lock control
- Release the hold when the lock control icon appears
That’s how you reset your Maytag washer’s lid lock.
How to Reset a Maytag Bravos Codes
Let’s now talk about how to reset the error codes. You can do that by:
- First, write down the error code so that you can research it later if the washer doesn’t fix itself after a restart
- Press pause/cancel and hold to clear the error code
- Choose the new wash cycle to start with
If the error code doesn’t clear after that, search about it online on your manual to see what you need to do
How to Reset Your Maytag Washers Control Board?
It’s advisable to reset your washer after replacing the control board. But still, you can reset the control board alone by following these steps:
- Power the washer off and plug it out of the power
- Plug the machine back after a few seconds and power it on
- Lift and lower the washing machines lid about six times in 12 seconds
- Press the delicate knife switch and hold it for some time until the LED lights flash on the control panel
- Once the LED lights flash, it shows the completion of the reset process.
How to Reset the Maytag Washer Motor?
In case your washer is not spinning or agitating, the problem is likely to be the motor, which you can try resetting using these steps:
- Unplug the washer from the power outlet
- Wait for 60 seconds before plugging it back
- Lift and lower the lid about six times in 12 seconds to clear the motor error code.
People Also ask
1. How Do I Reset My Digital Maytag Washer?
You can quickly reset your digital Maytag washer by plugging it out of the wall socket, waiting for 3-5 minutes, and then plugging it back.
If that doesn’t work, press and hold the power/cancel switch and then choose a new cycle before pressing and holding the start/pause switch.
2. How Do You Put a Maytag Bravos Washing Machine in Diagnostic Mode?
You can put a Maytag Bravos washing machine in a diagnostic mode by turning the cycle selector knob three clicks clockwise, one-click anticlockwise, and one-click clockwise. Just ensure the washing machine is on standby mode before you start.
3. Is There a Reset Button On a Maytag Washing Machine?
Sadly, the Maytag washing machine doesn’t come with a traditional reset button. You’ve to get creative to restart the washing machine, which often involves pressing and holding the pause/cancel switch, selecting a new cycle, and pressing the start/pause switch.
Now you have several ways on how to reset Maytag Bravos washer. You can start with the basic reset, but consider the procedural reset, calibration, or 12 o’clock turn if it doesn’t work.
If none of them works, then consider the full reset. But if it’s to no avail, consult a washer expert, preferably someone familiar with Maytag Bravos models. (Provigil)
You can also reach out to your dealer. Maytag enjoys good online customer support, which you can leverage.